Sunday, May 1, 2011

socks, socks, socks part 2

So last week I posted about starting socks and this week I am posting that I not only started but FINISHED my first sock. One sock in one week is pretty good I say. I am really proud of this for a couple different reasons. One of them being that I actually went found the pattern, researched the parts that I just went "Wha?" and completed it in the timeline I set myself. I know this doesn't sound like much, but for me this was a big accomplishment.

I am pretty good about starting and finishing a project as long as I can just get it done. I do lack the motivation to stick with a project if I have to research too many parts of it. This project gave me a new sense of pride and encouragement to tackle other projects which I have put off because they could be 'too much trouble.'

Drum roll please :)

First sock

First sock 2

So there it is my knitter friends. One beautiful sock in some of the most gorgeous colors I've ever seen. I now have motivation to buy LOTS more sock yarn as I see presents for all (including myself). :)

One I have both done, then I will post the matching set. Plan to have it done in time for next week's blog, especially since I have plane and airport time happening next week. Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats! I knew you could do it! Yay!
    Happy Monday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tuesday to you! Thanks :) I already pulled a pattern for knee highs. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and reading my blog. Much love!